I know that I haven't written in a couple of weeks but we have been super busy. Some wonderful things have happened lately in Kenley's journey! A few weeks ago we went for a check up to see her pedi dentist. We have continued to do the taping but the mouthpiece just didn't work for her. Dr. Xu was impressed at how well just the taping was doing for Kenley. Originally the gap between her top lip was 14 and it measured at a 9 and the gap between the top gum was a 16 and was then 11! We were very happy about that because it will make surgery easier on her muscles there.
Now for the most exciting milestone is that Kenley weighed a little over 10 pounds today! That is one of the minimum requirements for the first surgery. She is now steadily gaining weight and we couldn't be more relieved.
Also she has definitely started to smile at us and recognize our voices in a crowd. We have heard a few giggle like noises also! Her eyes light up when she sees us and it makes my heart so happy. I have never felt so much love for something so small and I'm loving being her mom.
We see the speciality team on August 1st and we are hoping that they will give us the green light for surgery!
No comments:
Post a Comment